Baby Storytime: 2/24/20 – LOVE
- Hello Rhyme – We Clap and Sing Hello
- This is a simple rhyme with easy movements to do with baby.
We clap and sing hello,
With our friends at storytime,
We clap and sing hello!
(Wave and sing hello; stomp and sing hello.)
We clap goodbye like this….
We wave goodbye like this….
We stomp goodbye like this…
- ASL – LOVE / MOM / DAD
- For my babies I teach them three vocabulary words in American Sign Language each week. We do a lot of repeats and stick to the easy movement signs. I generally use Baby Sign Language.com to check my signs.
- Song – Fingers, Nose and Toes by Cedarmont Kids
- This is a simple movement song where you can point out babies body parts along with repetition.
- Board Book – I Love You, Little Pookie by Sandra Boynton
- Can you really go wrong with Sandra Boynton? I pass these out to encourage one-on-one reading with our little ones.
- Rhyme – 1, 2, 3 Little Hearts
- This is to the tune of ten little Indians. We will count out ten hearts on our fingers before singing the song.
1 little, 2 little, 3 little hearts
4 little, 5 little, 6 little hearts
7 little, 8 little, 9 little hearts
10 little hearts and a kiss!
- Prop – Six Little Valentines
- This is one I learned from a colleague and it is a nice surprise when the animals pop out of the envelopes.
6 little Valentines were sent to my house,
The first one said, “I love you, From Mouse.”
5 little Valentines in my mailbox,
The second one said, “Be mine, Love Fox.”
4 little Valentines full of love,
The third one said, “You are sweet, From Dove.”
3 little Valentines just for me,
The fourth one said, “Be my honey, Love Bee.”
2 little Valentine’s mailed with care,
The fifth one said, “Here’s a hug, From Bear.”
The last little Valentine, from my friend Jay,
This one said, “Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- Song – Skinnamarink by Six Little Ducks
- We always need a song break and this one is all about love.
- Rhyme – Little Heart
- This is such a sweet rhyme, so I thought it would be wonderful to share with the babies.
I have a little heart, (place hand over heart)
And it goes thump, thump, thump (pat chest three times)
It keeps right on beating,
When I jump, jump, jump (jump three times)
I get a special feeling, when I look at you. (point to child)
It makes me want to give you a hug or two. (hug yourself)
Credit: The Best Kids Book Site
- Book – Bunny Roo, I Love You by Melissa Marr
- This ones more for the caregivers than the babies, but it is a sweet, soothing picture book.
- Lift – Tick Tock
- My babies love their lifts and the caregivers get a workout in too!
Tick tock, tick tock, I’m a little cuckoo clock.
Tick tock, tick tock, now it’s one o’clock.
Cuckoo! (Lift baby into the air)
Continue with two and three o’clock.
- Bounce – Hug Your Baby
- This is another sweet one and a lift too! It goes to the tune of row, row, row your boat. I got this one from Jbrary but I switched out “bear” for “baby.”
Hug, hug, hug your baby
Squeeze him very tight
Hold him high and help him fly
Then hug with all your might.
- Song/Shakers – Happy Feet by Joanie Bartels
- We pass out our shaker eggs and dance along.
- Song/Bubbles – Splish Splash by Mr AI
- Kids love bubbles and they are great for strengthening the eye muscles that we later use for reading. When you track the bubbles with your eyes, you are using the same muscles you use when you read.
- Goodbye Rhyme – We Clap and Sing Goodbye
- We end the same way we started.
- Song – Clean It Up by Laurie Berkner
- Song – Goodbye, So Long, Farewell by K. Guilmartin
How’d it go:
This was a nice calm storytime for the babies. And a nice group too.
That’s all for now!