Baby Storytime: 12/2/19 – Dinosaurs
- Hello Rhyme – Hello Little Babies
- I do a different hello rhyme each month.
Hello little babies, let’s stretch up high.
Stretch so high, you reach the sky.
Now wave little babies and say hello.
Say hello, good morning.
- ASL – DINOSAUR / BIG / SMALL
- For my babies I teach them three vocabulary words in American Sign Language each week. We do a lot of repeats and stick to the easy movement signs. I generally use Baby Sign Language.com to check my signs.
- Song – Hands are for Clapping by Jim Gill
- This is a fun, interactive song that is slow for our babies.
- Board Book – Dinosnores by Sandra Boynton
- This is a cute little rhyming boardbook. I pass these out to encourage one-on-one reading.
- Rhyme – This is big, big, big
- This is always a fan favorite.
This is big big big Hold (arms out to side)
This is small small small (cup hands together)
This is short short short (hold hands with palms facing each other)
This is tall tall tall (reach one hand above head)
This is fast fast fast (circle fists quickly)
This is slow slow slow (circle fists slowly)
This is yes yes yes (nod)
This is no no no (shake head)
- Song – We are the dinosaurs by The Laurie Berkner Band
- I am forced to listen to the song on repeat at home with my little one, so why not do it at storytime too!
- Finger Play/Flannel – Dino Find
- I have different color felt doors and behind each is an animal. We are looking for the dinosaur. We “knock, knock” at each door and say, “dinosaur, dinosaur, let me hear you roar!” Each animal makes their sound until you finally get to the roar.
- Rhyme – Baby’s Fingers
- This is a cute finger play to interact with baby.
These are baby’s fingers (touch fingers)
These are baby’s toes (touch toes)
This is baby’s belly button (touch stomach)
Round and round it goes! (tickle)
Rhymes for Babies
- Book – We Love Dinosaurs by Lucy Volpin
- This is a newer one for me but it has nice big pictures, which I love for the babies.
- Lift – Toast in the Toaster
- You know baby is getting bigger when these lifts get harder!
Toast in the toaster
Getting very hot!
Up you pop!
- Bounce – Rock the Baby
- Bounces are another way to interact with baby.
Rock the baby, rock the baby, 1-2-3
Watch the baby, watch the baby, smile at me
Bounce the baby, bounce the baby, on your lap
Don’t forget to teach the baby how to clap: clap, clap, clap, clap!
- Song/Shakers – Dinosaur Rock by Dancin’ Magic
- We pass out shakers and get our jiggles on!
- Song/Bubbles – Splish Splash by Mr. AI
- Bubbles are great because when we track the bubbles with our eyes, we are actually strengthening the eye muscles we later use when we learn to read.
- Goodbye Rhyme – Goodbye Little Babies
Goodbye little babies, let’s touch our toes.
Touch your toes, reach down low.
Now wave little babies and say goodbye.
Say goodbye, so long.
- Song – Clean It Up by Laurie Berkner
- Song – Goodbye, So Long, Farewell by K. Guilmartin
How’d it go:
This one ran really smoothly. We had a good crew. I love it when the whole group reads the first storytime with me.
That’s all for now!