Family Storytime – 11/16/19 – Rabbits
Why rabbits? I have no idea. I was just in a rabbit mood.
- Song – Top of the Morning
- This is a fun tune and great for waking up and doing a little stretching. It’s called Top of the Morning.
- Hello Rhyme – Say Hello
- This is a great rhyme for saying hello because we get to do it in so many fun ways!
- Song/Stretch – Can’t Sit Still! by Greg & Steve
- Greg and Steve is my jam now. Ha!
- ASL – RAIN / WIND / UMBRELLA
- Book – Big Bunny by Rowboat Watkins
- I thought this one was awesome and I cannot wait to try it out!
- Rhyme – Bunny Ears
- This maybe a little young for the group but it is a nice easy movement rhyme.
Bunny ears up (arms up)
Bunny ears down (arms down)
Bunny ears wiggling (wiggle arms)
All around! (tickle baby)
- Activity/Song – Party Freeze Dance Song
- My little one loves this song, so I figured I’d give it a try for this crew.
- Rhyme – Little Bunny in a Hat
- This can be a finger play or a prop. It’s really fun if you can actually make the bunny come out of a hat.
Little bunny in a hat
Sitting so still
Will it come out?
Yes it will!
It looks to the left
It looks to the right
It looks straight ahead
And pops out of sight.
- Flannel/Prop – Have you ever seen a bunny
- I created colored bunnies for a magnet board.
Have you ever seen a RED bunny,
A RED bunny, a RED bunny,
Have you every seen a RED bunny,
Go hop, hop, hop, hop.
(Blue, Yellow, Orange, Green)
- Book – Bunny Fun by Sarah Weeks
- Sarah Weeks is one of my favorite picture book authors for reading aloud. Great rhyme and interactive stories. For this one I am going to have the kids yell out “Bunny Fun!”
- Rhyme – Hop with me
- This one can be a lap bounce or an action rhyme.
Hop, hop, hop along
Or bounce on someone’s knee
Higher and higher and higher and higher
Bunny-hop with me!
Hop Like a Bunny
- Song/Shakers – Dance, Dance, Dance by Joanie Bartels
- We always have to break out our shakers at some point!
- Rhyme – If You’re Happy and You Know It
- I’ll include this one if we have time but with my speaker, I want to wrap up a little quicker than normal.
- Rhyme – Say Goodbye
- This is the same rhyme we started with, so the new guys are familiar with it by the end of storytime.
- Song – Clean It Up! by The Laurie Berkner Band
- Everyone helps put our shakers away.
- Song – Goodbye, So Long, Farewell my Friends by Music Together
- I always put this one on as I go to open the door. Its a nice, slow, peaceful song to wind down on.
How’d it go:
Haha! I don’t think everyone found Big Bunny as funny as I did, but I got a kick out of it and I used a puppet to practice my, no where near talented, ventriloquist skills. I had fun, so hopefully everyone else did too!
That’s all for now!