Baby Storytime: 7/1/19
- Hello Rhyme – Hello Little Babies
- I needed a new baby rhyme and I couldn’t find one I liked, so I made this one up myself. Use it as you will!
Hello little babies, let’s stretch up high.
Stretch so high, you reach the sky.
Now wave little babies and say hello.
Say hello, good morning.
- ASL – HAPPY / SAD / MAD / SCARED
- For my babies I teach them three vocabulary words in American Sign Language each week. We do a lot of repeats and stick to the easy movement signs. I generally use Baby Sign Language.com to check my signs.
- Song – Clap, Tap Bend by It’s Toddler Time
- This is a very short, easy movement rhyme to get us going.
- Board Book – Making Faces: A First Book of Emotions
- A few of my grownups have asked for books with baby faces in them and this one is perfect! It also has a mirror at the end so we see our faces too! I pass this one out to encourage one-on-one reading.
- Rhyme – If Your Happy and You Know It
- I’m trying to stick to an emotions theme and you can have a theme about emotions without this classing!
- Flannel – Feelings Faces
- I am either going to make a flannel board for this one or draw faces on my whiteboard. And we will talk about what each face “means.”
- Song – Fingers, Nose and Toes by Cedarmon Kids
- This is a new song for me, so we are going to see how it goes.
- Finger Play – Baby’s Fingers
- I found this one online and it was really cute.
These are baby’s fingers (touch fingers)
These are baby’s toes (touch toes)
This is baby’s belly button (touch stomach)
Round and round it goes! (tickle)
- Rhyme – The Itsy Bitsy Spider
- I like to throw in this one every once in a while because it is so cute to watch the kids who are just about growing out of my baby storytime try and do this.
- Book – How Do YOU Feel? By Anthony Browne
- Another very simple book about feelings.
- Lift – Hug Your Baby
- This is sweet one and a lift too! It goes to the tune of row, row, row your boat. I got this one from Jbrary but I switched out “bear” for “baby.”
Hug, hug, hug your baby
Squeeze him very tight
Hold him high and help him fly
Then hug with all your might.
- Bounce – Tiny Little Babies
- I found this one online and it is sooo perfect for bouncing! The tune is to Shortenin’ Bread.
Tiny little babies love bouncin’ bouncin’
Tiny little babies love bouncin’, yeah
Tiny little babies love bouncin’, bouncin’
Tiny little babies love bouncin’ so
Bounce to the left, bounce to the right
Now hug that baby nice and tight!
- Song/Shaker – Happy Feet by Dancin’ Magic
- Shaker egg time! Just a time to shake, shake, shake!
- Song/Bubbles – Bubbles by Parachute Express
- Kids love bubbles and they are great for strengthening the eye muscles that we later use for reading.
- Goodbye Rhyme – Goodbye Little Babies
- This is my goodbye version of the rhyme I made up for hello.
Goodbye little babies, let’s touch our toes.
Touch your toes, reach down low.
Now wave little babies and say goodbye.
Say goodbye, so long.
- Song – Clean It Up by Laurie Berkner
- Any good clean up song will do. I like this one.
- Song – Goodbye, So Long, Farewell by K. Guilmartin
- I will always put this one on in the background as everyone leaves because I just love it!
How’d it go:
What a fun storytime today! We had thirty babies and they were mostly all in my right age range–score! Lot’s a new guys today too, which was great. I’m not sure how I felt about my faces for the magnet board, but other than that we had fun.
That’s all for now!