Baby Storytime: 4/8/19
- Hello Rhyme – Clap and Sing Hello
- This is a new hello song for me so we will see how it goes. I created a flip-chart with “hello” on one side and “goodbye” on the other. Same words, just sub hello/goodbye.
- ASL Baby Signs – FISH / SWIM / BOAT
- I’ve decided that for the babies, instead of teaching them a rhyme in sign language, that I am going to start teaching three vocabulary words each time. I generally use Baby Sign Language.com to check my signs.
- Song – Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes by Toddlers on Parade
- This is a slow version of head, shoulders, knees and toes that is perfect for babies.
- Board Book – Where is Little Fish? By Lucy Cousins
- I passed this one out to the group to promote one-on-one reading and it’s also a great one to have in our hands because it is a flip-the-flap book.
- Rhyme – Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- A very simple rhyme we all know but a fun one to do with baby in your lap. You can row babies arms or just sway to the rhythm of the rhyme.
- Song – Baby Shark by Pinkfone
- Since I have a fishy them going on, I thought we’d do this one. It’s sooo over done but all the parents know it and so we have fun with it.
- Rhyme/Flannel – Five Little Fishes
- I have a flannel for this one but you could also easily do it as a finger play.
5 little fishes swimming in the sea.
First one said, “Come swim with me!”
Second one said, “This sea is deep.”
Third one said, “I want to sleep.”
Fourth one said, “Let’s dive and float.”
Fifth one said, “I see a boat!”
The fishing boat comes.
The line goes splash.
And away those 5 little fishes dash.
- Book – Hooray for Fish! by Lucy Cousins
- I figured we’d do to of Cousins’ books today. This is another cute one with rhyme and big words and pictures.
- Rhyme – The Wave in the Sea
- This is a take off the wheels on the bus. We’ll see how it goes with the babies.
The waves on the sea go up and down, [Raise and lower arms.]
Up and down, up and down,
The waves on the sea go up and down all day long.
The shark in the sea goes snap snap snap… [Clap your hands.]
The fish in the sea go swish swish swish… [Swish back and forth.]
The boats in the sea go toot toot toot… [Make blowing horn motion.]
- Lift/Bounce – Giddy-Up, Giddy-Up
- My crew loves this one the best out of all my bounces/lifts.
Giddy-up, giddy up ride to town (bounce babies on knees)
Giddy-up, giddy-up up and down (lift baby up and down)
Giddy-up fast (bounce quickly)
Giddy up slow (bounce slowly)
Giddy-up, giddy-up, giddy-up, whoa! (dip baby backwards gently)
- Bounce – I Bounce You Here
- I love a bounce that ends with a hug!
I bounce you here, I bounce you there
I bounce you, bounce you everywhere.
I tickle you here, I tickle you there
I tickle you, tickle you everywhere.
I hug you here, I hug you there
I hug you, hug you everywhere.
- Song/Shaker – Let’s Go Swimming by Laurie Berkner
- This is such a catchy song and I am going to have it stuck in my head all day!
- Song/Bubbles – Splish Splash by Mr. AI
- The eye muscles we use to track the bubbles are the same muscles we use when we read.
- Goodbye Rhyme – Clap and Sing Goodbye
- We end the same way we started.
- Song – Clean It Up
- Any good clean up song will work.
- Song – Goodbye, So Long, Farewell by Music Together
- I will always put this one on in the background as everyone leaves because I just love it!
How’d it go:
Man, I can’t get enough of Laurie Berkner’s nonsensical songs! This was a fun one and there were lots of baby giggles.
That’s all for now!