This is my last baby storytime before summer, where we take a break and only do family storytime, along with our other special programs. And for this one I chose all of my favorites!
Here’s what I had planned this week:
- Welcome Rhyme – Welcome, welcome
- Since my group has been big lately, I have switched to this easy rhyme as an intro. It goes to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
Welcome, welcome everyone. Now you’re here, we’ll have some fun. First we’ll clap our hands just so. Then we’ll bend and touch our toes. Welcome, welcome everyone. Now you’re here, we’ll have some fun!
- ASL – Hello Friends
- I like to use sign language in my story time. We go over the signs for: Hello, Friends, Time and Say. Thanks to Jbrary for this one!
- Song w/ Movements – Tap Your Toe and Follow Me by Susan Salidor
- This one of my favorite movement songs for babies.
- Board Book – Alphaprints Fun in the Sun! by Roger Priddy
- Finger Play – Fe Fi Fo Fum
Fe fi fo fum. (Touch each finger with thumb-one finger per syllable.)
See my fingers. (Hold up four fingers.)
See my thumb. (Hold up thumb.)
Fe fi fo fum. (Touch each finger with thumb again.)
- Bounce – I bounce you here, I bounce you there…
I bounce you here, I bounce you there
I bounce you, bounce you everywhere
I tickle you here, I tickle you there
I tickle you, tickle you everywhere
I hug you here, I hug you there
I hug you, hug you everywhere
- Flannel Story – Dear Zoo
- I love this story and it is one of my favorite flannels that I’ve made.
- Movement Song – Skidamarink
- Simple movements and a fun song everyone knows the movements too.
- Lift – Going Up and Down in an Elevator
- I love this one and it is probably the thing we do that gets the most smiles out of the babies!
- Book – Piggies by Audrey Wood
- This was a book my childhood librarian shared with me and so I shall now pass on my love of it to the babies!
- Bounce – This is the Way the Lady RidesIf I am doing my favorites then I can’t forget this one! We go faster and faster with each verse until we are bouncing right off our laps!
- Song w/ Shakers – On The Road Again by Joanie Bartell
- This song just makes me happy.
- Stretch – This is Big Big Big…
This is big big big Hold (arms out to side)
This is small small small (cup hands together)
This is short short short (hold hands with palms facing each other)
This is tall tall tall (reach one hand above head)
This is fast fast fast (circle fists quickly)
This is slow slow slow (circle fists slowly)
This is yes yes yes (nod)
This is no no no (shake head)
- Bubbles – Bubbles by Parachute Express
- The perfect song to play while blowing bubbles.
- ASL – Goodbye Friends
- We learn to say goodbye in ASL and use the same signs and song as our hello.
- Song – Clean Up
- Any good clean up song, since the babies (and the grownups) seem to love to help me clean up!
- Song – Goodbye, So long, Farewell My Friends by Music Together
- Just a slow, goodbye song I always put on as I open the doors to say goodbye.
How’d it go: This was a really fun storytime but bittersweet! Most of my regulars will be aged out of this storytime by the time we start back up in the fall. But hopefully, I will get lots of visits during the summer!
That’s all for now!