Only a few more baby storytimes left until our summer break! This is a storytime for 0-12 months with lots of fun bounces and rhymes.
Here’s what I had planned this week:
- Welcome Rhyme – Welcome, welcome
- Since my group has been big lately, I have switched to this easy rhyme as an intro. It goes to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
Welcome, welcome everyone. Now you’re here, we’ll have some fun. First we’ll clap our hands just so. Then we’ll bend and touch our toes. Welcome, welcome everyone. Now you’re here, we’ll have some fun!
- ASL – Hello Friends
- I like to use sign language in my story time. We go over the signs for: Hello, Friends, Time and Say. Thanks to Jbrary for this one!
- Song w/ Movements – Tap Your Toe and Follow Me by Susan Salidor
- This one of my favorite movement songs for babies.
- Board Book – Where’s the Giraffe? By Nosy Crow
- I love these new flip-the-flap board books where the flaps are actually felt. They last so much longer and add a texture element. I pass these out individually, so we can practice one-on-one reading.
- Finger Stretch – Fingers Like To…
- This is a fun one and is great to work on moving those fingers
Fingers like to wiggle waggle, wiggle waggle, wiggle waggle. Fingers like to wiggle waggle, wiggle waggle, wiggle waggle WAY UP HIGH! Fingers like to wiggle waggle, wiggle waggle, wiggle waggle. Fingers like to wiggle waggle, wiggle waggle, wiggle waggle WAY DOWN LOW! How else to fingers like to wiggle? (wiggle on different body parts)
- Rhyme – Trot, Trot to Boston…
- For this classic rhyme we bounce and then pretend baby falls through our legs at the end.
- Folder Story – Scat the Cat
- This is a fun folder story, using color and rhyme.
- Movement Song – The Hokey Pokey
- An easy fun some for identifying body parts.
- Lift – Zoom, Zoom, Zoom
- At the end of this one we BLASTOFF and lift baby up in the air. Simple movements with a fun countdown at the end.
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. We’re going to the moon. Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. We’re going to the moon. If you want to take a trip, Climb aboard my rocket ship. Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. We’re going to the moon. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Blast off!
- Book – The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli
- I just love the expressions of the alligator in this book!
- Bounce – This is the way the lady rides…
- A fan favorite and one of my favorites where we bounce faster and faster.
- Song w/ Shakers – Can’t Stop This Feeling from The Trolls Soundtrack
- I love this song and it has a really good beat to shake to!
- Rhyme – If Your Happy and You Know It
- A nice easy rhyme to start wrapping things up with.
- Bubbles – Bubbles by Parachute Express
- The perfect song to play while blowing bubbles.
- ASL – Goodbye Friends
- We learn to say goodbye in ASL and use the same signs and song as our hello.
- Song – Clean Up
- Any good clean up song, since the babies (and the grownups) seem to love to help me clean up!
- Song – Goodbye, So long, Farewell My Friends by Music Together
- Just a slow, goodbye song I always put on as I open the doors to say goodbye.
How’d it go: Well I had to nix my board book this week. I didn’t get enough of them in on time in order to pass them out. Teaches me to use a new one. Instead I pulled out a classic big book — The Carrot Seed — and we read it all together. I also had to nix Scat the Cat. The colors worked for the little ones but the story was a bit too long for the babies. Other than that fun was had by all!
That’s all for now!