Time for some more baby storytime! Baby storytime for 0-12 months.
Here’s what we did this week:
- Welcome Rhyme – Welcome, welcome
- Since my group has been big lately, I have switched to this easy rhyme as an intro. It goes to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
Welcome, welcome everyone. Now you’re here, we’ll have some fun. First we’ll clap our hands just so. Then we’ll bend and touch our toes. Welcome, welcome everyone. Now you’re here, we’ll have some fun!
- ASL – Hello Friends
- I like to use sign language in my story time. We go over the signs for: Hello, Friends, Time and Say. Thanks to Jbrary for this one!
- Movement Song – The Wheels on the Bus
- In this storytime baby’s bounce they don’t cry!
- Stretch – This is Big Big Big…
- This is big big big Hold (arms out to side)
This is small small small (cup hands together)
This is short short short (hold hands with palms facing each other)
This is tall tall tall (reach one hand above head)
This is fast fast fast (circle fists quickly)
This is slow slow slow (circle fists slowly)
This is yes yes yes (nod)
This is no no no (shake head)
- Board Book – Cookie Countdown by Matt MitterI pass out these books for one-on-one reading. We get to count cookies and I get to practice my Cookie Monster voice!
- Lift – Going up and down in an elevator
- There will be anarchy if I don’t do at least one giggle inducing lift!
- Rhyme – I’m a little tea potClassic rhyme everyone is familiar with.
- Movement Song w/ Shakers – Shake My Sillies Out!
- I pass out shakers and we all get a chance to get out those sillies!
- Finger Play – Fe Fi Fo Fum
Fe fi fo fum. (Touch each finger with thumb-one finger per syllable.)
See my fingers. (Hold up four fingers.)
See my thumb. (Hold up thumb.)
Fe fi fo fum. (Touch each finger with thumb again.)
- Book w/ prop– Dog’s Colorful Day by Emma Dodd
- For this one I am going to read the book and use the magnet prop.
- Bounce – I bounce you here, I bounce you there…
I bounce you here, I bounce you there
I bounce you, bounce you everywhere
I tickle you here, I tickle you there
I tickle you, tickle you everywhere
I hug you here, I hug you there
I hug you, hug you everywhere
- Movement Song – Hands Are For Clapping by Jim Gill
- Easy movements and a song to give my voice a break.
- Bounce – Tick-tock, Tick-tock
Tick tock, tick tock, I’m a little cuckoo clock.
Tick tock, tick tock, now it’s one o’clock.
Cuckoo! (Lift baby into the air)
Continue with two, three, four and five o’clock.
- Bubbles – Bubbles by Parachute Express
- The perfect song to play while blowing bubbles.
- Rhyme – Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- A slower rhyme to start winding down to.
- ASL – Goodbye Friends
- We learn to say goodbye in ASL and use the same signs and song as our hello.
- Song – Goodbye, So long, Farewell My Friends by Music Together
- Just a slow, goodbye song I always put on as I open the doors to say goodbye.
How’d it go: GOODNESS! This was a really big group with a lot of older kids. Usually, baby storytime gets a couple older siblings in but this time there were quite a few older kiddies who got a little bored by the end, which caused some…distraction. I do explain in the beginning of my storytimes that all are welcome but this storytime is catered to 0-12 mo so we do a lot of bounces, easy rhymes and finger plays that the older kids might be beyond. Because we got a little rowdy, I ended up cutting a few of my bounces and skipping to the bubbles. All still had a good time but PHEW!
That’s all for now!