I’m back with another baby storytime outline 🙂
- Welcome Rhyme – Welcome, welcome
- To the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
Welcome, welcome everyone. Now you’re here, we’ll have some fun. First we’ll clap our hands just so. Then we’ll bend and touch our toes. Welcome, welcome everyone. Now you’re here, we’ll have some fun!
- ASL – Hello Friends
- I like to use sign language in my story time. We go over the signs for: Hello, Friends, Time and Say. Thanks to Jbrary for this one!
- SONG – Clap, Tap, Bend by Carol Hammett & Elaine Bueffel
- This is just an easy going song with simple movement exercises to get us started.
- STRETCH – The Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Everyone knows this popular rhyme. We do it a few times so everyone can get the movements down.
- BOARD BOOK – Moo Baa La La La by Sandra Boynton
- Boynton just has so many wonderful board books. I picked this one to practice our animal sounds. Everyone gets a copy of this board book so we can get our hands on it and read one-on-one.
- RHYME – I’m a Little Teapot
- Another classic rhyme with simple movements for the kids.
- BOUNCE – This is the way the lady rides
- My group loves bounces and lifts, so we can’t go through a storytime with out least a few of those.
- SONG – Spaghetti Legs by Jim Gill
- We move our legs, arms and bodies as if they were all wiggly like cooked spaghetti.
- RHYME – Patty Cake
- We are doing a lot of our favorite classics today.
- LIFT RHYME – Up and Down in an Elevator
- Another favorite of ours. We go up and down in an elevator and then as we hit floors 1, 2 and 3 we lift baby higher and higher.
- BOOK w/ SCARVES – I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More by Karen Beaumont
- I love this one. I pass out scarves and I sing the words in the book while the grownup use the scarves as their paintbrushes to paint babies head, feet, hands, etc.
- BUBBLES – Bubbles by Parachute Express
- My group won’t let me leave without some bubble time!
- RHYME – Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- This is a good rhyme to slow things down and get ready to say goodbye.
- ASL – Goodbye Friends
- We learn to say goodbye in ASL and use the same signs and song as our hello.
- Song – Goodbye, So long, Farewell My Friends by Music Together
- Just a slow, goodbye song I always put on as I open the doors to say goodbye
How’d it go: This was a fun one! Probably because I got a new bubble blower and it is AMAZING! We had so much fun doing some of our favorite rhymes and popping a ton of bubbles!
That’s all for now!