Time for another baby storytime! This is a storytime targeted toward babies 0-12 months. We do a lot of bounces, finger rhymes, and more!
Here’s what we did:
- Welcome Rhyme – Welcome, welcome
- Since my group has been big lately, I have switched to this easy rhyme as an intro. It goes to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
Welcome, welcome everyone. Now you’re here, we’ll have some fun. First we’ll clap our hands just so. Then we’ll bend and touch our toes. Welcome, welcome everyone. Now you’re here, we’ll have some fun!
- ASL – Hello Friends
- I like to use sign language in my story time. We go over the signs for: Hello, Friends, Time and Say. Thanks to Jbrary for this one!
- Song w/ Movements – Roll, Roll, Roll Your Hands
- This is a classic and if you are not comfortable singing the song yourself, there are several versions you can download and play the music. This time I used a CD.
- Stretch – This is big, big, big..
This is big big big Hold (arms out to side)
This is small small small (cup hands together)
This is short short short (hold hands with palms facing each other)
This is tall tall tall (reach one hand above head)
This is fast fast fast (circle fists quickly)
This is slow slow slow (circle fists slowly)
This is yes yes yes (nod)
This is no no no (shake head)
- Board Book – Mouse Is Small by Mary Murphy
- This is a new one for our library and I just thought it was a fun board book. We can identify animals and get a little silly at the end. I passed out copies to everyone.
- Glove Rhyme – Here is a Beehive
- I have a glove with bees Velcroed to tips and a beehive on a popsicle stick we do this one with.
Here is the beehive. Where are the bees? Hidden away where nobody sees. Watch and you’ll see them come out of the hive. One, two, three, four, five. Bzzzzzzzz… all fly away!
- Bounce – I bounce you here, I bounce you there…
I bounce you here, I bounce you there
I bounce you, bounce you everywhere
I tickle you here, I tickle you there
I tickle you, tickle you everywhere
I hug you here, I hug you there
I hug you, hug you everywhere
- Song – Shake My Sillies Out
- Just a fun song to shake all the giggles out to.
- Rhyme – Tick-tick, Tick-tock
Tick tock, tick tock, I’m a little cuckoo clock.
Tick tock, tick tock, now it’s one o’clock.
Cuckoo! (Lift baby into the air)
Continue with two, three, four and five o’clock.
- Book – Clip, Clop! by Nicola Smee
- This is a fun one that I have the caregivers bounce the babies along to.
- Shakers – Identifying body parts
- We use our shakers to find our heads, our knees, our feet, etc.
- Song w/ Shakers – Chugg-A-Lugg-A Choo-Choo by Johnette Downing
- Song w/ Bubbles – Bubbles by Parachute Express
- Bubbles are now a staple of my baby storytime.
- ASL – Goodbye Friends
- We learn to say goodbye in ASL and use the same signs and song as our hello.
- Song – Goodbye, So long, Farewell My Friends by Music Together
- Just a slow, goodbye song I always put on as I open the doors to say goodbye.
How’d it go: This was a really fun storytime and finally a little bit of a smaller crew. Because we were only like 15 babies this time, I skipped my last few rhymes and pulled out the parachute for us to play with. I definitely need to get a bigger parachute because it was lots of fun but waaay too small. Other than that, fun was had by all!
That’s all for now!